Search This Blog

Sunday 5 May 2013

Long Lane - view looking south east towards Haypston Hill Farm

Plein air oil on canvas 20 x 16" finished next day 6th May
I started this late afternoon, today was a glorious sunny day and the warm evening tempted me to paint. As I was doing so a vintage Austin 7 variant tooted as it drove by, pheasants called behind me from the fields. Blackbirds, song thrushes and other birds sang filling the air with sounds. Earlier, in Beverley I thought I heard a swift call - if so it was a little early as I am expecting mid May at the earliest. ( I need to get the swift calls CD set up to try and entice them to use the nest boxes)
Very short video here
Happy painting 
Provisional painting - plein air 20x16" oil on canvas -
Sky and essential components of the painting laid down.

No comments: