Search This Blog

Saturday 13 April 2013

Dale Gate, Bishop Burton, East Yorkshire

Plein air - oil on board 12 x 10" - view along Dale Gate, Bishop Burton, East Yorkshire.
Rain was forecast for later in the day and, having enjoyed our morning in Beverley, I decided to try and fit in a sketch before the weather broke. I returned to the Dale Gate road leading out of Bishop Burton and looked for a view. I decided to attempt this view which is very simple, a portion of the tree lined road. It is always pleasant, when painting, to meet people. I saw one or two familiar faces from last Wednesday, dog walkers and a horse rider. When I was close to stopping the rain arrived and I needed to use an umbrella to protect the painting. Also, a driver pulled over and said " would it be okay to park on the verge ahead?". How considerate and understanding. I said of course that it would be alright as I had nearly finished. Lastly, it was interesting to see a squirrel running along the top of the fence.
Happy painting.

No comments: